#2 Inntal walnut bread
10 | 10 Edition Baking with Armin
1) Mix together the flour, baking powder and the remaining ingredients (apart from the seeds and oil).
2) Mix the dough until it is smooth and soft (like spaetzle dough).
3) Using 2 tablespoons, divide the dough into portions and place on the greased Tepan stainless steel grill (level 7 or 200°C). Sprinkle with seeds or spices, such as black cumin, or nuts. Turn over after 4 minutes then barbake for a further 5 minutes (yes, you read it right; we’ve invented the term ‘barbaking’).
4) Baste with olive oil and sprinkle with medium-grain natural/sea salt.
- 500 g spelt flour, type 1050
- ½ sachet baking powder
- 150 g sheep’s curd
- 250 ml water
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp natural/sea salt
- 100 g walnuts, or seeds, in pieces or chopped
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp natural/sea salt, coarse, for sprinkling