10 | 10 Edition Baking with Armin
1) Dissolve the yeast in the lukewarm water then add the sugar, salt and olive oil.
2) Stir in the flour then knead until the mixture forms a warm, soft, non-sticky dough.
3) Cover and leave to rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.
4) Knead the dough again then shape it into a roll. Divide it into 8 equal balls and flatten them until they are 1-cm high. Make a hole in the dough discs using a round cutter and barbake the bagels for approx. 9 mins per side on the lightly oiled Tepan (level 6, 180°C).
Tip: once you have laid out the bagels you can moisten the top of them and sprinkle with poppy seeds or other seeds according to taste.
- 200 ml lukewarm water
- 20 g yeast
- 15 g raw cane sugar
- 15 g natural/sea salt
- 30 ml olive oil
- 500 g spelt flour, type 1050