#8 Pizzas for kids
10 | 10 Edition Baking with Armin
1) Pre-heat the Tepan stainless steel grill (level 7/190°C)
2) Dust your hands with flour and shape the dough into a roll, then divide it into even golf-ball-sized portions. Shape each portion into golf-ball-sized balls. Roll out the balls to form mini pizza bases using a rolling pin or your hands. Place them on the lightly oiled Tepan and top with the tomatoes. Turn them over and barbake for 3 minutes. Turn them back over and sprinkle with the cheese.
3) At the same time, fry the onions, mince and courgettes in a free space on the grill, and season with herbs. Barbake for a further 5 mins then sprinkle onto the mini pizzas and garnish with the spring onion rings and basil leaves.
As with any pizza, there are countless variants of this recipe.
- 1 basic recipe for yeast dough, cf. bagels
For the topping:
- 3 tbsp olive oil, for barbaking
- 300 g ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 200 g mozzarella, grated
- 50 g onion, finely diced
- 200 g minced beef or lamb
- 200 g small courgettes, halved and sliced
- 1 tsp herb salt
- ½ bunch spring onions, cut into thin rings
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- 2 to 3 tbsp olive oil