#10 Shortcrust Tepan biscuits
10 | 10 Edition Baking with Armin
1) Quickly knead the grated butter together with the remaining ingredients.
2) Wrap in tin foil and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
3) Briefly knead the dough by hand and roll it out (5 mm) with plenty of flour, repeatedly turning it over and adding more flour each time.
4) Cut out the dough as you wish.
Expert tip: if the dough becomes crumbly and cracked, you can soften it up with a little milk or keep working it into a crumble topping.
5) Cook the biscuits on the pre-heated Tepan grill (level 6/170°C) for 4 to 5 minutes on both sides.
- 100 g raw cane sugar
- 200 g cold butter, grated
- 300 g spelt flour, type 1050, loosened
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch natural/sea salt
- 1 tsp ground natural vanilla
- ½ lemon with its zest finely grated
- Flour, for rolling