Spelt croissants

Spelt croissants

Automatic programme “spelt croissants”


Prepare the dough 

Take the butter out of the fridge and divide into four evenly sized pieces. Allow the pieces to soften. Measure out the yeast, sugar and milk and mix. Prove in the X BO (40°C/40% humidity) for 10 minutes. In the meantime, beat an egg. Add the spelt flour, salt and half of the beaten egg to the proved dough. Knead for approx. 5 minutes and then roll out the dough on a floured work surface. 


Work the dough 

Brush the left third of the rolled out dough with a piece of the softened butter. Fold the brushed side over to the right twice. Then wrap the dough in cling film and put in the fridge to chill for 10 minutes. Repeat the process with the remaining pieces of butter, chilling the dough for 10 minutes each time. Then roll the dough out again and cut into rectangles. Divide the rectangles diagonally so that you end up with triangles. 


Shape the croissants 

Lay out the triangles with the long edge at the top. Make a small cut in the middle of the long edge and roll the dough downwards. Pull the ends of the croissants outwards and down slightly so that they form a half-moon shape. 


Bake the croissants 

Place the pieces of dough on the universal tray and prove in the X BO (40°C/40% humidity) again for about 15 minutes. Remove the tray from the oven, brush the dough with the remaining egg and then bake in the X BO (160°/60% humidity; automatic programme “spelt croissants”) for 15 minutes.   


Pro tip 

To fill the croissants, add ingredients like praline or jam before rolling up the dough. For perfectly airy, crusty baked goods, use the special programme “Prove dough” after making the dough. 

Method: 45 min.  
Baking/cooking time: 15 min. 
Resting time: 50 min.  

Serves 4


  • 10 g yeast 
  • 15 g raw cane sugar 
  • 125 ml milk 
  • 1 egg (size M) 
  • 250 g spelt flour (type 700) 
  • Salt 
  • 100 g butter 

Send handleliste