10 | 10 Edition Baking with Armin
1) Dissolve the yeast in the lukewarm water then add the sugar, salt and olive oil.
2) Stir in the flour then knead until the mixture forms a warm, soft, non-sticky dough.
3) Cover and leave to rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.
4) Knead the dough again, dust it with flour and either roll it out or stretch it with your hands until it is 50 cm wide and 2 mm thick. Sprinkle with salt and press gently.
5) Cut into 3-mm wide strips using a pizza cutter. Sprinkle the Tepan with salt. Barbake the dough strips for 10 mins on both sides (190°C/level 7). Flip them over then sprinkle on more salt.
Alternative suggestion: sprinkle the strips with sesame seeds or other seeds and spices before cooking them
- 200 ml lukewarm water
- 20 g yeast
- 15 g raw cane sugar
- 15 g natural/sea salt, medium-grain
- 30 ml olive oil
- 500 g spelt flour, type 1050
- 3 tbsp natural/sea salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil