Terms and Conditions of Participation in the Christmas Competition
§ 1 Subject matter
2. By participating in the competition, the Participants accept these Terms and Conditions of Participation.
§ 2 Terms and Conditions of Participation in the Competition
1. The competition starts on 19 December 2021 at 8 a.m. CET and ends on 24 December 2021 at 2 p.m. CET
2. Those entitled to enter are individuals (hereinafter referred to as “Participants”) who follow BORA on Instagram at (https://www.instagram.com/boracookingsystems/), are resident in Europe, Switzerland or the UK and are aged 18 or over. Anybody involved in designing and running the competition, the Organiser’s employees and their relatives are not permitted to enter the competition.
3. To enter the competition, Participants must answer a question with a comment and like the post. Each Participant may only have one entry in the competition.
4. All Participants will be entered into a draw to win a main prize, consisting of a BORA Pure cooktop extractor system (recirculation model with black air inlet nozzle and a BORA Pure activated charcoal filter), or one of five Christmas parcels, each consisting of a BORA chopping board (Swiss stone pine, approx. 52 cm), a BORA wooden spoon and a BORA Tepan cookbook.
Installation and delivery of the main prize, that is, the BORA Pure cooktop extractor system, are not part of the prize. The winner must collect the main prize at their own expense from a BORA retail partner near to their place of residence (https://www.bora.com/service/find-a-distributor/). The winner can consult their local retail partner to make arrangements to have the cooktop extractor system installed. The costs are to be covered by the winner. The Christmas parcels will be sent to the other winners by post.
5. The Organiser will draw the winners at random from all the comments that comply with the requirements of the Terms and Conditions of Participation.
6. The Organiser is entitled to exclude comments or individuals from participation in the competition if they are unlawful or offensive according to the Organiser’s objective assessment.
§ 3 Processing
1. The prize is not redeemable for cash and is non-exchangeable and non-transferable. A Participant may waive the prize. In this case, the next Participant replaces the winner in the winning rank sequence. The handing over of the prize is agreed individually with the Participants.
2. The winners’ Instagram handles will be announced on 24 December 2021 via Instagram Story. Within 72 hours of announcing the winners, provided that the winner accepts the prize, they must send the Organiser a message via Instagram containing their full contact details (full name, address and email address).
3. If the winner does not send their contact details within 72 hours, the next participant replaces the winner in the winning rank sequence. If the contact options are not correct (e.g. address), the Organiser is under no obligation to research the correct addresses. Any disadvantages resulting from the provision of incorrect contact information shall be borne by the Participant. In this case too, the next Participant replaces the winner in the winning rank sequence.
§ 4 Disclaimer
The Organiser wishes to point out that the competition may be terminated or removed due to external circumstances and constraints without giving Participants any rights to assert claims against the Organiser.
1. The Organiser collects and uses the Participants’ personal data insofar as this is legally permitted.
2. The Organiser only collects, processes and uses personal data if this is necessary for the fulfilment of the contract (i.e. carrying out the competition) or if the data is provided voluntarily. It is specifically stated that the data will also be used by the Organiser to report on and advertise the competition. By entering the competition the Participant consents to this. For any data processing beyond this purpose, the Organiser shall seek consent before the processing of the data. If the legitimate interest of the Organiser to process the data takes precedence, the processing may in certain circumstances take place without consent.
3. The following personal data of the Participants are collected by the Organiser and serve the purpose of designing, carrying out and processing the competition: Instagram user ID and if the Participant is one of the winners: participant’s name, full address, telephone number, valid email address and all contents of the Participant's comment.
4. You have the right to information about the stored personal data, as well as the right to rectification, data transfer, objection, restriction of the processing as well as blocking or deletion of incorrect or illegally processed data within the framework of the GDPR provisions. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
5. If the Participant believes that the processing of personal data by the Organiser violates the data protection law, there is the option of filing a complaint with the competent supervisory authority.
6. In order to fulfil the contractual or statutory obligations it might be necessary to transfer the data to processors or other recipients, such as in particular, authorities. Processors only process the personal data according to instructions and only to the extent that this is required for the fulfilment of these tasks. The Organiser's processors are, for example, external IT service companies etc.
7. Your data will only be transferred to other recipients if consent for data transfer was provided, the data transfer is necessary for the conclusion of the contract or the fulfilment of the contract, or if the Organiser is required to transfer the data by law.
§ 6 Notices and conditions of Instagram
2. Participants acknowledge that the competition is not sponsored, supported or organised by Instagram in any way, and is not connected to Instagram. Therefore, Participants cannot assert any claims against Instagram in relation to the use of the competition application or participation in the competition.
3. All inquiries or notices regarding the competition must be directed to the Organiser at firstname.lastname@example.org and not to Instagram.
§ 7 Applicable law
These Terms and Conditions of Participation are subject to Austrian law. The Organiser’s decision is final.